The Scarlet

The Student News Site of Milford High School

The Scarlet

The Scarlet

Poll

Which of these environmental issues is most important to you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Renee Rapp’s Rise to Fame

If you haven’t seen or heard the name Renee Rapp before, get ready, because this twenty-four-year-old Gen-Z-er is only beginning her rise to fame. 

Growing up in the southern state of North Carolina, Rapp began her passion for all things performing arts. After transferring to a performing arts school, her abilities only progressed. She became a distinguished artist who would soon win big in small-town awards. Only after attending the tenth annual Jimmy Awards, The National High School Musical Theater Awards ceremony, would her name begin to catch the attention of Broadway directors. Then in May of 2019, Renee Rapp would finally get her big break. At only nineteen years old, she was cast in a limited-time role as Regina George in the Broadway musical Mean Girls. This temporary role soon turned into a permanent career. That is until the world shut down on March 12th, 2020. 

Just when Rapp had begun to set her place in the performing arts industry, her Broadway career had come to a screeching halt. However, being the go-getter that Renee Rapp is, this did not stop her ambitions. With what seemed like no hesitation, the twenty-year-old began searching for opportunities. Soon enough, Renee Rapp landed her next job on the set of The Sex Lives of College Girls. This two-season show follows the experiences of college roommates as they adjust to independent life on their own in college. The second season of this show was released in November of 2022. 

Just before the release of the second season of The Sex Lives of College Girls, Renee Rapp returned to her career in music. She released her first official single “Tattoos” in June of 2022 and would release her first EP on November 11, 2022. This EP consisted of seven songs, some of which became popular amongst TikTok and Broadway fans. After the release of this EP, she went on her first tour by the name of her EP “Everything to Everyone” starting in December of 2022. With only five show dates, this tour sold out in less than two minutes of its release. After the finish of her first tour, Rapp began preparing songs for her debut album. This album was released in August of 2023 and was titled “Snow Angel.” These twelve tracks of pure vocal skill would make her announcement of her “Snow Hard Feelings” tour one that all her fans were waiting for. 

Although the “Snow Hard Feelings” tour has yet to come to an end, Renee has continued to keep fans engaged with her reprised role as Regina George in Mean Girls the movie musical, her new release “Not My Fault” featuring Megan Thee Stallion, and her Saturday Night Live performance. Renee Rapp is a true performer who thrives on dedicated fans and constant energy. Her passion for music allows her to express relatable messages about love, friendship, identity, and growing up. She never fails to impress audiences with her sassy sense of humor, confidence, and incredible skill. Renee Rapp truly is the upcoming triple threat of the 21st century and has only just begun her life-long and goal-filled career.