The Scarlet

The Student News Site of Milford High School

The Scarlet

The Scarlet

Poll

Which of these environmental issues is most important to you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Top 5 Best Christmas Songs

Top 5 Best Christmas Songs
IMDB

Of all the Christmas songs that have come out in recent years, five stand out from the rest. It doesn’t matter what holiday you choose to celebrate, these good-feeling songs will have you dancing in your p.j.’s while drinking a tasty cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. It doesn’t matter if you like pop, rock, rap, or opera, you’ll love these five Christmas songs that will make you feel all jolly inside. 

1. ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’ by Michael Bublé

Does anyone put you in the Christmas spirit more than Michael Bublé? This classic song will forever make the holiday season more cheerful. While the original singer Darlene Love does a merry good job singing this song, nobody can produce a Christmas melody like Michael Bublé. ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’ was one of the many festive songs on Bublé’s Christmas album that was the first holiday album that has ever won an award. If your loved one is not with you for the holidays, sing it with me ‘baby please come home’. 

1. ‘Little Saint Nick’ by The Beach Boys

The Beach Boys sang their way into our hearts with Good Vibrations and kept the vibes going with Little Saint Nick. This groovy Christmas song even gets Scrooge in the mood for decorating the tree. This often undervalued song should go on everyone’s playlist with the forever memorable vocals by Brian Wilson, his brothers, Dennis and Carl, friend Al Jardin, and cousin Mike Love. Who knew the pop/surf rock gods could make such a killer Christmas song about Saint Nick? Not me. 

1. ‘Cold December Night’ by Michael Bublé

Want a perfect, cozy, night in during the holidays? If yes, then this song is for you, if no, change your answer to yes. This song describes what many people want during the holidays: to curl up by the fireplace, to fall in love, and a cheer that smells of pine! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas or the holidays, this is the ideal winter song that explains December love all in a few bars. 

1. ‘Christmas Eve / Sarajevo 12/24 – Instrumental’ by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

A great song doesn’t have to have lyrics to ignite a holiday spark in someone. Many people don’t actually know the name of this historical song. But when it does start playing, it can get a Christmas Eve Party as hype as when a DJ would play Baby by Justin Bieber in 2010. Between the guitar riffs and the piano melodies, how could anyone skip this song? This song is so full of surprise, you never know what the next amazing instrument is going to be!

1. ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!

This love/rock song captured our imaginations and gave us a false-sense of hope that the two main people in the music video would get back together. Nevertheless, George Michael delivered the greatest Christmas song ever. It is currently the #6 top music video on YouTube and #4 on the Billboard Hot 100. Michael’s “Careless Whisper” made us all shiver during this song, especially his iconic 80s hairstyle. Those steamy lyrics could make a snowman melt in the middle of Antarctica. While Wham! unfortunately broke up, their song still finds a way to grasp our attention at the slightest whisper of “Merry Christmas.” This song is no Dominick the Donkey, but it still brings the same level of joy when pretending you are the woman George Michael is singing to.